Friday, May 20, 2011

The Journey is Nearly Over

photo by Mike Colletti
Well, now there are ten of us that have completed the journey through the EMDTMS program this month, as Curt, Ashley and I finished our session last night.  The panel was fantastic and the projects were well received.  The use of alumni along with other staff is an excellent idea, and a great use of graduates to keep them connected with Full Sail University.  I personally appreciated the questions Jason asked of me, and it only made me surer of my goal to continue on in the Fall with a third cycle.

I was pleased with my performance, and was fully prepared for my presentation.  I have to thank the great course directors for getting me ready through the content in those classes.  I also think that the input from my critical friends and those colleagues I have come to appreciate as classmates and peers was integral in making this task a whole lot easier to complete.

I truly liked the process for the evening, though I would like to suggest that it be more than one-on-one somehow.  If there was a second panel member assigned to each student, more insight and information might be given.  I know that it would extend the session a bit longer, but the feedback would be invaluable in the long run.  And, it would be just one more way of keeping former students in touch with the program and the university.

Wow!  Finished.  I can already feel the withdrawal symptoms setting in, and graduation is still two weeks away.  I can’t believe it was almost a year ago and I was starting, wondering what I was getting myself into.  As I said in answer to Dr. Ludgate’s question, this program was life changing to me.  There are a few of those events in each of our lives, like marriage or babies or job changes, and this past year has meant so much to me as a lifelong learner and teacher, because I know that this will make my students better since I am better for this experience.

I thank everyone who, in any way, made this year one of those life-changing events.

2 comments:

  1. Mike,
    You really summed up the whole year well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike
    I have so enjoyed getting to know you and see your work! The withdrawl is something to deal with! Stay connected to EMDT...that really helps! :)
    Congratulations on AA!! I'll be anxious to hear from you after graduation!

    ReplyDelete