Sunday, September 26, 2010

BP17_Practical Experience_iMovie, part 3

I May Not Be Running Yet, But I Am Definitely Walking

As I work with iMovie, it is becoming easier to see why this will become a valuable tool for my Action Research Project.  I hope to bring variety to my students' classroom presentations by encouraging them to try different delivery methods when they speak.  This is just one of many tools, but it is one that they should easily master.

As I completed my last video for the Emergent Technologies in a Collaborative Culture course, I was hit with the realization that within a few short weeks I have been able to easily create movies. And, since I know how much more proficient most of my students are with all things computer, the learning curve for them should be even smaller. So I look with excitement towards the second cycle of my AR Project.

My AR Pitch video - as it was being completed.
I have included a screenshot of the desktop interface where all the magic of iMovie takes place.  On that screen is my final video, as I completed it and was waiting preparing to upload it to Viddler and to YouTube, as well as add it to the Creating Ripples 4 Change wiki. While I am sure that the video will need some revisions, especially if I want to use it as it is intended, I am proud of how it came out. You can see the video on my YouTube channel if you click on this link. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment