Tuesday, September 7, 2010

BP4_One True Media

Home Page for One True Media

I recently tried the Web 2.0 Tool One True Media.  I was amazed at the simplicity of the program.  It was easy to navigate through the screens, from registering as a user, through uploading photos, to editing and assembling the montage.  Throughout the editing process, individual frames can be viewed, different effects may be added, and music can be attached.  The music that is used can be uploaded as easily as the pictures, or the stock music library is also available.

I can see this as an alternative to Keynote or PowerPoint as a storytelling tool.  Being able to use photographs opens the door for creativity by those who own any type of digital camera.  If the picture can't be found online, the student can take his own shot.  It is then easily uploaded from your computer to One True Media, ready for use.  The slides are easily arranged, previewed, moved, previewed again and finally saved.Attached is a sample of a montage I put together in a matter of fifteen minutes time, from start to finish.  I highly recommend this program as another option to bring your students into their presentations using still photos rather than video movies.

The finished product can then be "published" directly to a blog, which is how I posted this one onto my Blog site.  The montage can also be sent via email to anyone of the creator's choice, so assignments can be emailed to the instructor easily.  There are also links to post to Facebook, YouTube, and other locations on the Internet.  There are also purchase options for premium features, which are not necessary for classroom use.

Attached is a sample of a montage I put together in a matter of fifteen minutes time, from start to finish.  I highly recommend this program as another option to bring your students' original work into their presentations using still photos rather than video movies.


2 comments:

  1. I love this web2.0 tool! I love imovie and garage band too, but I forget from days or week to week how to use it because I don't us it enough! Also, this tool is something I can use at work where I don't have my mac with me. Now THAT is a real plus when I have a project due and I am in a pinch!

    I can see how that fact alone, being a web tool will be very useful in the classroom, and where ever there's an issue with soft and hardware limitations. It could also be a great on-the-go communication tool for following someone on a trip or event, on any number of social media sites, like Facebook, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice tool. There are others out there like it, but like Babs said this program is floating out there in the cloud called the Internet and therefore can be completed from any computer. I do see one issue with the cloud computing now that I am back at school. We have a number of slow downs and even shut downs over the past four days. Programs that are dedicated to individual computers often don't have to worry about these issues.

    ReplyDelete